Antonio Felix da Costa has been stripped of his incredible pole position after his tyre pressures were found to be too low. He will now start from the back of the grid.
This means everyone from P2- P14 now moves up one slot: Bird starts on pole with DiGrassi right behind him. Stephane Sarrazin moves up into P3 and Nick Heidfeld into P4.
Nelson Piquet Jr’s day goes from bad to worse as he is handed a 10 place penalty for changing his e-motor. As he is unable to serves the full penalty as he qualified in 15th, he will now start 17th ahead of da Costa and will have 10 seconds added to his minimum pit stop time.
Long Beach ePrix Grid
- Sam Bird, DS Virgin Racin
- Lucas Di Grassi, ABT Schaeffler
- Stephane Sarrazin, Venturi
- Nick Heidfeld, Mahindra
- Robin Frijns, Andretti
- Daniel Abt, ABT Schaeffler
- Sebastien Buemi, Renault e.Dams
- Nico Prost, Renault e.Dams
- Jerome D’Ambrosio, Dragon Racing
- Bruno Senna, Mahindra
- Jean-Eric Vergne, DS Virgin Racing
- Simona De Silvestro, Andretti
- Oliver Turvey, NEXTEV
- Mike Conway, Venturi
- Salvador Duran, Team Aguri
- Loic Duval, Dragon Racing
- Nelson Piquet Jr, NEXTEV
- Antonio Felix da Costa, Team Aguri
Racing gets underway at 00.00 BST.